[Sca-cooks] Dessert board

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 08:47:05 PDT 2006

This weekend at our kingdom's Queen's Champion tournament, Countess
Regina Morningstar is hosting a dessert board for the populace.
I just heard about this yesterday so I haven't really done any research
on any recipes. The desserts don't have to be period.

I'm currently thinking of doing a peach bread pudding made with coissant
and a Calvados Brandy Sauce.
I know this isn't period but I want to try it. Although I am curious that
I've
never found a period bread pudding recipe. This struck me as kind of strange
considering the love of bread dishes and custards. Have I missed a bread
recipe someplace?

I'm also thinking of making just a nice custard which IS period but I
figure other folk will be bringing some kind of cream brulee variant.

Any other suggestions on a nice dessert? I'd do the research but I'm kind
of busy at work and just being lazy. Besides, I think a discussion on period
and non-period sweet dishes would be fun.

Gunthar