[Sca-cooks] Dessert board

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jul 28 09:25:53 PDT 2006

To make an Italian Pudding.

Take a Penny white Loafe, pare off the
crust, and cut it in square pieces like vnto great Dyes, mince a pound
of Beefe Suit small: take halfe a pound of Razins of the Sunne, stone
them and mingle them together, and season them with Sugar, Rosewater,
and Nutmegge, wet these things in foure Egges, and stirre them very
tenderly for breaking the Bread: then put it into a Dish, and pricke
three or foure pieces of Marrow, and some sliced Dates: put it into an
Ouen hot enough for a Chewet: if your Ouen be too hot, it will burne: if
too colde, it will be heauy: when it is bakte scrape on Sugar, and serue
it hot at dinner, but not at Supper.

A NEVV BOOKE of Cookerie.
/http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/1615murr.htm /

There are other recipes out there too. There's Chireseye which
is described in Stefan's files in
desserts-msg – 1/11/06  Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.

Pretty puddings are featured at Ivan Day's site
http://www.historicfood.com/English%20Puddings.htm

Johnnae

/Michael Gunter wrote: snipped Although I am curious that