[Sca-cooks] Community & Organic Farms

Debra Hense/Kateryn de Develyn nickiandme at att.net
Fri Jul 28 11:39:58 PDT 2006

I don't know.  I tried that route last year.  Purchased a full share which was advertised as enough veggies for two adults.  Usually there wasn't enough for one person to get their 3 -5 servings (1/2 cup) of recommended veggies a day in each week's box.  I ended up supplementing my box with veggies from the grocery store.

Seemed like an awful lot of money for so little in veggies.  So, this year I spent $20 on seeds and am reaping approximately 1/2 of what they gave me for $600.  The hour or so a week I spend weeding my garden - is worth the savings to me.

Just a personal experience.  YMMV - and not everyone's experience is as bad as mine.

Kateryn de Develyn