[Sca-cooks] Pakistan

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 23 17:40:04 PDT 2006

Ok, speaking of different cultures' food, I have made friends recently with
a woman from Pakistan. Pakistan was northern India during the Middle Ages
and up to about 60 yrs. ago, right? She is amused by the fact I am very
interested in learning about the food of her culture, and she said she will
teach me how she makes roti (chapati) and some rice dishes very soon. Are
there any medieval manuscripts for her area of the world I can introduce
her to?

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.