[Sca-cooks] Bells and their Casting was Cast Iron pots??

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jun 4 23:24:40 PDT 2006

On 6/5/06, Stefan li Rous

I don't know if any SCA folks have tried casting bells using medieval
methods or not.

Stefan

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm still trying to gather as many SCA
metalsmiths together on my List as I can. Getting there, though- got over
200 members ;-)

But, just for YOU Stefan, I think we're going to demonstrate steel and iron
bell sounds at Pennsic ;-) Maybe make a dinner triangle or two and tune
them, possibly make and tune a set of pipe chimes, and give Arthur's firepit
a good ring, after what you said about the sound of iron ;-) You'd BETTER be
there ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"