[Sca-cooks] Garbage

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 8 17:28:44 PDT 2006

Micheal wrote:

> I have done a Beef heart for a champions dish way back when I had no recipe
>so I hoped and prayed it at least looked period.
> One full Beef Heart, wrapped in Fat back bacon unsmoked, roasted at three
>hundred until it became tender.
>  The Champion said it was the best he ever ate, upon closer questioning I
>discovered it was the first he ever ate as well. Always wondered after
>words, if most of the modern distates for organs was mental pictures rather
>then tastes.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've occasionally encountered some serious
squeamishness about offal from people who haven't even tasted it, an
attitude that I consider to be childish.  Heart is, incidentally, quite
delicious, as are other organ meats.  (I confess to seriously disliking
kidneys, but that's not due to squeamishness-- I just don't like the taste.)

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?