[Sca-cooks] OT - Anyone here live near Ithaca, New York?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Jun 8 23:07:07 PDT 2006

At 10:55 PM 6/8/2006, you wrote:

>So if there is anyone one this list who has lived near or now lives
>near Ithaca, New York, I'd love to get your impressions of the place
>off list. I've heard they have that white stuff called snow there and
>that it gets cold, although not like Buffalo and places to the west a
>bit. I'm not sure if I want to deal with all that but who knows,
>perhaps it would be worth it. It would certainly be a change.
>
>Although not a prime concern, it would also be nice to know what sort
>of SCA groups and culture is in that area.

Stefan, one of my 'gang o girls' just graduated from Ithaca. She loved it
there, and she loved the local branch... er (I know I'm going to spell this
wrong) Myrkfaellyn ? I figure a Kelly recommendation is worth more than
Zagat's. :-) (Sorry- I can't put you in touch with her because she's
leaving shortly for Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, where she will be teaching
English. It'll be a change- her last stint overseas was in Prague...)

'Lainie