[Sca-cooks] peacocks

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon Jun 12 15:39:54 PDT 2006

Adele de Maisieres wrote:
> tom.vincent at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Is that an education problem or a cultural problem?  Historically, there were dishes served to the high table that weren't available to the other diners.
>>

> That's an "everybody paid the same to get into this feast" problem.

Having never sat at High Table, I have no problem with High Table
getting something different.

Sometimes it's because there are food likes/dislikes/allergies within
the Royal Entourage.  Sometimes it's because a very special dish was
done as a showpiece and there wasn't the budget to feed it to everyone.
Sometimes it's done simply because it's *period.*

Why get bent out of shape over something trivial like that?  I have
*never* been to a feast where I felt I received less of a value in food
than I paid for.

Jealousy is unbecoming to those of gentle birth.

--Cian