[Sca-cooks] peacocks

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 12 15:53:50 PDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Gretchen Beck <grm at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> --On Monday, June 12, 2006 6:39 PM -0400 John Kemker <john at kemker.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Why get bent out of shape over something trivial like that?  I have
> > *never* been to a feast where I felt I received less of a value in food
> > than I paid for.
>

> Oh, I have. I was once at a feast where high table got lobster and salmon
> mousse and everyone else got burnt gruel...for a mere $12 per head feast
> fee (ok, there was also a mince pie that everyone got that was really
> quite
> good, but still...)
>
> toodles, margaret

Something like that would get me pretty irritated, too. But, there's no
reason we can't make the presentation for high table fancier. When I helped
Iasmin with  her Coronation Feast over in the MK, everybody below High Table
got veal kebabs, but I made a Crown Roast for the King. It was all out of
the same veal calf, even ;-) And, when the Knight presented the Crown Roast,
I made sure he knew to tell the King that there were deliberately extra
ribs, so that he could bestow largesse to favored members of the Feast.