[Sca-cooks] OOP: Spiced Fruits

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jun 13 19:59:57 PDT 2006

I think I've seen them in the "pickles" section at the supermarket, but I
really couldn't say how recently.  Could be last fall, could be a decade
ago! <shrugs> Every once in a while, they show up as a garnish in the more
home-style/family-style restaurants, especially in the autumn.
I don't remember much variety in purchased greens when I was a kid, either.
We grew some different stuff in the garden, though (my mom was a bit
creative), and my parents had grown up with a slightly different food
background than our neighbors--Mom and Dad were east coast/Connecticut, and
the neighbors were right out of Prairie Home Companion.
--Maire