[Sca-cooks] Bodies: The Exhibition

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Jun 18 15:48:02 PDT 2006

Greetings all,
            We went to see this exhibition last night.  It is the most
remarkable exhibition I have ever seen.  The bodies in question are very
real, and preserved through an intriguing process that allows us to see
human anatomy in ways not known before.
            I urge everyone to go see this.  The room for the
circulatory system is awe-inspiring all by itself.   Before I went, a
friend said that anyone that is an artist should definitely see it.  I
would say, if you have a human body, it is like an owner's manual in
real life.
            If you buy the tickets on-line, there is a place where it
asks for a promotional code.  A quick Google search for "Bodies: The
Exhibition Promotional Code" turned up several on the first try, the one
we used got us a 4 dollar discount per ticket.  There are exhibitions in
Atlanta, Tampa, NYC, Las Vegas and London.

            I do have to admit to a particular weirdness on my part.  I
have done a fair amount of butchering in my life, and looking at all of
these bones, tendons, muscles and connective tissue was almost
disturbingly familiar - especially when I looked at a cross-section of a
gluteous maximus and thought - 'yup, that's a flank steak'.. :o

Christianna

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/