[Sca-cooks] period crab recipes

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 18 16:19:04 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
<<<<SNIP>>>  To be truthful, I have seen crab cakes on
menus in other parts of the country, but prefer not to eat them anywhere
except in certain restaurants in this area...these restaurants have huge
chunks of meat held together with a minimum of filler...and with
virtually no membrane.  They frequently are a tad smaller than a
baseball and absolutely delightful.

I must agree with your wisdom.  Best I've ever had were on a quick long
weekend trip to Baltimore area to a classic looking stainless diner called
"Double D Diner".  Huge honkin' chunks of pristine clean crab and little
breadcrumb.  2 the size of hockey pucks for serving size.  Old Bay was their
seasoning of choice.  I hate ordering them in Georgia unless in Savannah . .
. and even then . . .

Gotta get back to the Bay area for baseball and crabcakes.  Comprerssed
sashimi just doesn't work for me too much.

niccolo