[Sca-cooks] period crab recipes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 18 16:31:15 PDT 2006

grizly wrote:
> I must agree with your wisdom.  Best I've ever had were on a quick long
> weekend trip to Baltimore area to a classic looking stainless diner called
> "Double D Diner".  Huge honkin' chunks of pristine clean crab and little
> breadcrumb.  2 the size of hockey pucks for serving size.  Old Bay was their
> seasoning of choice.  I hate ordering them in Georgia unless in Savannah . .
> . and even then . . .
>
> Gotta get back to the Bay area for baseball and crabcakes.  Comprerssed
> sashimi just doesn't work for me too much.
>
> niccolo

Never been to the Double D Diner.  Our place of choice is
Stoneys...whose original location was right on the Patuxent River, just
a few miles up the river from the Bay.  The crabs they served were
usually caught by their own crabbers the morning of the day they were
served.  Even the Food Critic of the Washington Post rates their crab
cakes as just about the best around.  So...dear Niccolo, you should plan
a trip up this way and I'll be delighted to take you to Stoneys for crab
cakes...and who knows?  We might even sneak in a Nationals game!

Kiri