[Sca-cooks] period crab recipes

Craig Jones drakey at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 18 17:57:53 PDT 2006

> Were you the little brother involved? That might explain
> some things <weg> --maire

Nyah... Dad as a perk of one of his jobs (Royal Australian
Navy - MP) when we were kids, was the saturday night
crabbing trips on work time.  The crabs used to accumulate
on the pylons of the ammo wharf where a team of hand picked,
discrete volunteers would pull up hundreds of crabs. Teams
to puck them off the wharf, teams to drive them back to
base, teams to boil them up.  The officers of the watch
along with the volunteers got their cut and everyone was
happy.  Most Sunday mornings consisted of opening the fridge
to the sight of 50 freshly cooked Blue Swimmers...

Wouldn't happen these days :(

Anyway, I once betted my brother that he couldn't open a
crab without a hammer... He took the bet, I slammed the crab
against his head before he could duck... The shell cracked
and I handed him a dollar.

Little brothers are such fun to torture... I still do it to
this day ;) But he's not as bright as I...

D.