[Sca-cooks] eating crabs... was period crab recipes

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sun Jun 18 18:45:31 PDT 2006

>Nope... Never seen softshell crabs here.
>
>Aussies tend to boil the crabs and them eat em out of the
>shell, using whatever we can find to help crack them
>(Hammer, pliers, little brothers forehead (long story...)).
>
>Drakey.

We don't have soft-shelled crab up here either. Just Dungenese and
Kings. And I prefer scissors to any other method, much to the
mortification of my mother when they last visited and I pulled the
scissors out of my purse at the restaurant. I did, however, get the
crab meat out faster than she did with the nutcracker...

Morgana, who thinks faster is the point