[Sca-cooks] eating crabs... was period crab recipes

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jun 18 19:36:51 PDT 2006

Sharron Albert wrote:

>>Aussies tend to boil the crabs and them eat em out of the
>>shell, using whatever we can find to help crack them
>>(Hammer, pliers, little brothers forehead (long story...)).
>>

>We don't have soft-shelled crab up here either. Just Dungenese and
>Kings. And I prefer scissors to any other method, much to the
>mortification of my mother when they last visited and I pulled the
>scissors out of my purse at the restaurant. I did, however, get the
>crab meat out faster than she did with the nutcracker...

Yum.  I haven't really been following this thread, because mostly I look
at the subject line and think, "how much of a recipe do you need?".
1. Boil crab.
2. Dip in a little melted butter, if liked.  Butter may be seasoned with
a little garlic or mace.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,