[Sca-cooks] Treating burns- was Re: kitchen accidents

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 22 19:32:48 PDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:
> I remember a Pennsic long ago - before the Chiurgeons had on-site
> professional help (11 or 12) a young "slave girl" was being led by an ankle
> leash around camp on the first day.  She wore a pair of spiral metal breast
> plates and a chain mail bikini.  The bikini was tastefully backed with bunny
> fur.

<Snip>

  When the gentlemen unwrapped her she was badly sunburned with a
> blistered spiral pattern where the breast plates had not been, and hot metal
> burns where they had been.
>
> Regina Romsey

Yep- wasn't the first time, wasn't the last time. I told Andrew
MacRobb the tale of one young lady, and he wrote a song on the topic:
"Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Stainless Steel Chain Mail Bikini" ;-) If you
catch him at Pennsic some time, ask him to sing it, and you can tell
him I told you to ask ;-) If I could get out on my other computer, I'd
post the words.

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"