[Sca-cooks] Treating burns- was Re: kitchen accidents

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Jun 22 18:31:24 PDT 2006

I remember a Pennsic long ago - before the Chiurgeons had on-site
professional help (11 or 12) a young "slave girl" was being led by an ankle
leash around camp on the first day.  She wore a pair of spiral metal breast
plates and a chain mail bikini.  The bikini was tastefully backed with bunny
fur.

Later that day as I stood in line for a cold shower - the solar showers not
having been built yet - we were all pushed out of the way by two fairly
large men bearing a blanket wrapped bundle.  They shoved said bundle into
the shower and soaked it down, waited a few minutes and then unwrapped the
no longer fair maiden.  I suspect that there had been some alcohol or other
recreational substance involved because she had not noticed that her feet
were being severely abraded, or maybe she did; just before she fell asleep
in the sun.  When the gentlemen unwrapped her she was badly sunburned with a
blistered spiral pattern where the breast plates had not been, and hot metal
burns where they had been.

Regina Romsey