[Sca-cooks] Cherries, cherries and more cherries

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 25 17:08:45 PDT 2006

On 6/25/06 2:32 PM, "Sue Clemenger" <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> And alllll yours, too! ;o)
> --Maire, intrigued by the mozarella/basil/tomato salad someone else
> mentioned to maybe venture out in the brutal heat to the local
> store....sounds like a winner for dinner tonight, as I've got an excess of
> basil, but no ripe tomatoes yet, and no pine nuts to put the basil up as
> pesto....

Well you know, it does not NEED to be pine nuts.  I have made some very good
pesto batches with other nuts of similar texture, notably Macadamia nuts.
No more costly than pine nuts when you think about it.  Some people use
walnuts but I'd want to blanch and peel them as much as possible first and
that's a pain in the hiney.

I would like to see your redaction please, which is my nice way of sayin'
HEY SPOON TEASE!

Selene