[Sca-cooks] German recipes/redactions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 25 22:19:44 PDT 2006

Gwynn asked:
<<< I am working on period German recipies.  Though Master Tirlock
has been
generous enough to give me these amazing translators for the ones I
have, I am still in need of many more.  If you have any great on-line
sources, or book sources I would love to know. >>>

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for original German
recipes? translators to translate some you have? Or more translations
of period German recipes?

I'm going to assume you are looking for original recipes/translations
and/or redactions.

First, check this file in the FOOD-BY-REGIONS section of the
Florilegium:
fd-Germany-msg   (116K)  9/25/05    Medieval and Period German food.
Cookbooks.

Then there are these in the FOO-MANUSCRIPTS section:
Eberhard-art      (91K)  6/29/05    A 15th century German recipe
collection
                                        translated by Giano Balestriere.
Enseignements-art (16K) 10/ 9/05    A translation of a 14th C. German
manuscript
                                        on preparing meats by Daniel
Myers (Doc).
Inntal-art        (32K)  6/29/05    An early 16th century recipe
collection from
                                        Bavaria translated by Giano
Balestriere.
Konigsberg-art    (28K)  6/29/05    A 15th century cookbook from East
Prussia
                                        translated by Giano Balestriere.

There is also this article in the FEASTS section:
German-Feast-art  (32K)  2/26/06    German feast cooked for the Erud Sul
                                        Investiture by HL Caitlin
Ruadh (called
                                        Ru) and Lady Evja Johannsdottir.

Stefan