[Sca-cooks] Martha Washington's Cookbook

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jun 29 07:50:17 PDT 2006

A Proper Newe Booke of Cokerye
http://dialup.pcisys.net/~mem/cambridge.html
would come closest. There's a dated 1545 first edition
with an undated circa 1557/58 edition that belongs to Corpus Christi
at Cambridge. This is the edition that Frere edited back in 1913 and
Ahmet edited recently. (There's also a 1575 and 1576.)
Mary I is of course Mary Tudor, not Mary of William and Mary.
Robert May's cookbook was first published in 1660, although
its based on his long lifetime.

Johnnae