[Sca-cooks] Food for events

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 07:07:32 PDT 2006

Uncooked ... depends on how "period" you want to be.

I make jerky, and tomato jerky (dried tomato slices with some ground
(Herbs-de-Tuscany), and dried fruits well in advance.

For the actual event, breakfast is a selection of granola bars, pop-tarts,
nutrigrain bars, granola cereal (without the milk ... just grab a baggie
full), and whatever fresh fruits the local grocer has at hand.  Lunch is
usually packets of pepparoni (no refridgeration required until opened type),
cheese and bread rolls.  Dinner is whate ever can (beef stew, chili, soup,
etc) opened and warmed over the lowest flame on the coleman one-burner.
Snacks throughout the day are any combination of the breakfast foods.
Additionally I keep cases of box juices and bottles of water on hand at all
times.

I use the above menue for most of the camping events that I attend solo, but
last Uprising, my younger daughter attended with me, and she loved the
convenience.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Cynicism is not realistic or tough - it is unrealistic and kind of cowardly,
because it means you don't have to try ... Peggy Noonan