[Sca-cooks] Phlip's sauce

Guenievre de Monmarche guenievre at erminespot.com
Fri Jun 2 09:14:01 PDT 2006

Did you just say you added pineapple to beef stew? Please tell me this
turned out better than it sounds
 as it sounds truly bizarre to me.
(‘Course, the only way I really like pineapple is grilled with cinnamon, ala
the local Brazillian steakhouse, so that may be why
)

As to the sauce, the last time I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce (I tend
to make it and freeze it in 2 person ziplocks), I was feeling experimental
and did a mixture of meats (ground beef, pork, and lamb), along with
standard tomatoes, onions,etc. The interesting thing about the recipe was
the addition of nutmeg, which gave it a really nifty flavor. Just a thought.

Guenièvre

I have been enjoying the suggestions, though- I like the idea of trying, for
example, capers and olives, and Adamantius' suggested sauce might just work,
particularly if I say that it came from Adamantius, because person who has
these dining difficulties is VERY conservative about comfort food
preferences, and gets cranky when I experiment too much. I added pineable
(leftover) and tomato (ditto) to a basic beef stew, and got griped at, for
example. So, I'm running a rather odd balancing act- if it isn't seen to be
in there, then I can likely get away with it, as long as it doesn't include
the alliums, bell peppers, or mushrooms (real, life-threatening allergy).

But, thanks so far, all- I'm listening and thinking.