[Sca-cooks] Pennsic on a shoestring

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 3 11:28:42 PDT 2006

Dry ice is your friend for coolers designed for long term storage and not
daily/hourly in and out.  Set a good cooler up with frozen foods and dry
ice, and you can keep food frozen then cold for a week on one load, easy.
Gotta keep it closed as much as possible, keep it full as possible as long
as possible, and keep the dry ice dry.  Padded gloves and your off.  Use a
different cooler for in and out access through the day.

Dry ice is pretty affordable around here last time I bought it (yikes, 2+
years ago).  By the pound, you can get good deal if you can find it near
you.  Saves on buying ice every day.  And will reduce overall expence of
cooler use.

niccolo