[Sca-cooks] remove vs course

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 05:26:32 PDT 2006

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

>I don't hear "Troll" at all, well, maybe once a year (and we have an
>awful lot of events - nearly every weekend throughout the year there
>is something not too far away). We call it "Gate".

We're seeing Troll die away here as well, though it is more prevalent,
apparently, than elsewhere.  However, we are having a "schtick" event in
November...garb modeled on what is in the movies, feast including things
that are in movies, etc.  We've actually been talking about figuring out
some way to create a bridge-type structure to put the person checking
people into the event, so that the term "Troll" is more appropriate.
Should be a fun event...not at all historically accurate, but we're
making it clear to one and all that it is strictly tongue-in-cheek!  My
husband had, some years back, put together a class for our University,
"The Herald in Hollywood" that proved to be a great success...pointed
out the differences between real, historical heraldry and what is often
seen in movies.

Kiri