[Sca-cooks] remove vs course

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jun 6 12:53:22 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
>I don't hear "Troll" at all, well, maybe once a year (and we have an
>awful lot of events - nearly every weekend throughout the year there
>is something not too far away). We call it "Gate".

Years ago I found that "porter" was a close historical description of the
person in charge of the gate. This title derives from portcullis.

Steward is closer to what the person does then autocrat and Steward is
closer to period then autocrat as a job description. Also an "autocrat" is a
"person with unlimited power or authority" If the group has a Seneschal,
then the person in charge does not have unlimited power.
Lyse