[Sca-cooks] Word usage was Re: remove vs course

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Tue Jun 6 15:06:03 PDT 2006

on "merchants row"...
a number of us authenticity wonks are promoting the term "market", "marketplace"
or "merchants" as in "visiting the merchants"

am not sure how "merchants row" came to be in the first place?

--Anne-Marie, who serves courses and calls herself a cuisinier when running a
kitchen, a hall steward when coordinating servers, etc and uses the term autocrate
because everyone knows it and its at least a real word  (unlike the other 'crat
designations! ;)

On Tue Jun  6 15:37 , "K C Francis"  sent: