[Sca-cooks] Garbage

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 8 21:15:23 PDT 2006

Gunthar commented:
<<< I never thought to do Garbage because of the modern
diner's distaste for organ meats. But Master A's though
on hashing it up sounds perfect. Maybe mound it on toast
as a type of "brushetta" platter. I think that might be
able to slip through squeamish diners' palates. >>>

Sounds a lot like haggis insides. :-) I doubt too many SCA folks,
including myself, would have any idea what a "brushetta" platter was,
either. But yes, if you hash it up, that changes the texture and
those that dislike the idea of something, smooth and slimy sliding
down their throats might be more willing to try it.

<<< Of course I always provided menus and ingredient lists
for my feasts so it STILL might not go over. But it's
worth a shot. >>>

And for those who didn't read the menu/description/ingredient list
and complain about "You fed us WHAT!" can be told, "Did you read the
info that was posted?",

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas