[Sca-cooks] peacocks

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 12 17:33:01 PDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Sounds like a jolly good compromise to me.
>
> I've got a Coronation coming up next year-- I'm thinking that having high
> table's roast meat cut by a gentleman-carver while the rest is sliced in
> the
> kitchen might be a nice touch.
>

> Adele d'M

Well, one of the nice things about a Crown Roast is that you can set it up
so the actual "carving" is actually done in the kitchen, but any idjit can
dismantle it and look elegant about it ;-) Not that the Knight who carved
was an idjit, but if you have already cut the bones, and allowed the meat to
hold the thing together, a quick slice between those bones allows the slices
to be seperated quite tidily. A bit of creative tying with a bow knot, and
the whole thing will come apart easily, allow the carver to look good, and
allow High Table to eat sometime in this lifetime ;-)