[Sca-cooks] peacocks

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon Jun 12 20:39:36 PDT 2006

I'm afraid my communications skills were not at their peak form.  Please
allow me to explain.

This is my *personal* attitude towards high table differences.  It is
born out of a self-examination of how I acted when I was younger and
worried overmuch about getting "my fair share" of everything.  I have
found, now that I worry less about getting "my fair share" of
everything, I am much happier with myself and the world and enjoy life
more.  It is also born out of a realization that it all tends to even
out in the end.  There have been times when I've been offered or have
taken more than others.

As far as how I would handle a feast, that's a different story.  High
table might get different presentation, but not significantly different
quality of food.  Margaret's example of lobster & salmon vs. burnt gruel
would not meet my criteria.  However, I might serve high table Roast
Venison and the rest of the feast Venison Sausage or Venison Meat Pies
and not feel I'd slighted anyone.

I'd always remember I was serving the gentility and nobility, whether at
High Table or otherwise.

--Cian