[Sca-cooks] Hell's Kitchen and Injuries, now restaurants.

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Wed Jun 21 06:37:09 PDT 2006

I believe the original premise of the show was that Ramsey was
bragging to someone that he could make a chef out of anybody in a
given number of days. It isn't supposed to be a chef school, more
like a chef boot camp. It is very much along the lines of military
boot camp (as near as I can tell having never been) mixed with a
game show.

As for the burns on the show...I think the girl (can't remember
her name) had pretty severe burns since she ended up at the
hospital. I would think that by the time she got treated and back,
the service was over so she couldn't return to the line. I didn't
see her burn, so I can't say for sure. Now, the guy who got burned
this week...whether his burn was as severe or not, I don't know. I
can see how a bad burn could slow you down but you stop for
minute, put some stuff on it, and move on. I thought he deserved
to go more than Giacomo...but Giacomo didn't provide as many
opportunities for Ramsey to yell at him as Tom(?) did. That was
probably a made-for-TV choice...either that or Ramsey has a reason
for keeping Tom around. I think Ramsey has a good heart and wants
to bring out the best in his people, just like any drill sergeant.

Just my thoughts,
Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net