[Sca-cooks] Cuisine Based on Bugs

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 14:55:12 PDT 2006

Found in an original post from Saint Phlip:
"In Northeast Thailand, a Cuisine Based on Bugs"
http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/06/22/travel/22webletter.html?ex=1151208
000&en=db8349c6e56ea0cb&ei=5087%0A

>From that article:

"The creatures that haven't already been skewered and grilled or
deep-fried lie in semiconscious states on banana leaves or in bowls and
bags. These still-wriggling results of last night's catch might upset
those of us who don't cull our food from nearby trees, rivers and rice
paddies, but their intermittent signs of life reassure potential
purchasers that no pesticides were used in the capture."

Thanks, Phlip.  I think I just acquired some purchasing specifications I
had really never considered nor thought I'd need.  But you never know.

Christianna
now wondering about the finer points of insect selection...