[Sca-cooks] A small, modern dinner

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Jun 24 16:16:12 PDT 2006

Modified List-

> Whole salmon, grilled
> Sausages, grilled
> Hot bacon spinach salad- spinach for greens, grated carrots,
>     mushrooms, radishes, celery, <onions> anything else that looks good and salady,
>     w/balsamic vinegar.
> Rice? for the carb junkies<look at potatoes and corn on the cob?>
<Baked Onions>
> Cheesecake- three kinds- plain, savory, and chocolate rum
> Chocolatl chip cookies (NOT a mispelling)
<fresh berries w/vanilla ice cream?>

OK, folks, I very much appreciate your input. Had totally forgot to
write down onions- they, for me , are like salt and pepper are for
other folks, and the reminder about Walla Wallas was very helpful-
thank you, Huette ;-)

Berries might be good- need to look at the mess factor, since we'll be
eating in the back yard, or inside at Paul's, and there may not be a
whole lot of chairs- he IS recently divorced, and a lot of things left
the house when Sally did.

Corn on the cob would be great, but not sure of the timing. The phrase
is "Knee high by the 4th of July" and that usually refers to Iowa-
Washington's a bit farther north, but I'll look for it. And, there may
be  limited grill space. I just got the makings for one, 4 ft X 2 ft,
and Ries is talking about bringing one- we'll see. Paul only has a
small one, so I'm planning on building one, like the one I built and
gave to Ras.

Thanks for the suggestions, though- sometimes I need help making my
brains work ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"