[Sca-cooks] allergies, was moretum

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 21:54:00 PDT 2006

When I was a college student, my parents had a big party at the house.  One gentleman guest (who happened to be Jewish) asked if I knew about what was in the various dishes.  I did, as I helped to prepare many of them.  The man was allergic to both onions and garlic.

  Years later I ran into him and his wife, at which time I mentioned that incident.  He was touched that I remembered.

Cordelia

Kirsten Houseknecht <kirsten at fabricdragon.com> wrote:
    i get chemical burns from handling garlic.
i have to wear gloves to peel the stuff,so i do NOT eat anything that i can
taste garlic. i spent 6 hours in the bathroom the last time.
yeah, i know.. its a really lousy food allergy.

i believe that garlic is good for you...... for you, not me
Kirsten Houseknecht