[Sca-cooks] allergies, was moretum

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Fri Jun 30 08:53:10 PDT 2006

well, since the onion and garlic are close relatives, most of us who have
the one allergy have the other...
i am allergic to *raw* onion, but cooking it means i can eat it, but garlic
is a no no , cooked or raw <sigh>
seems to be a sulfer compound allergy of some kind

of everyone i have met with a true allergy to cigarette smoke, (not asthma)
its running about 80% that they also have some degree of allergy to garlic
or onion.

i met a lady who said she was allergic to garlic and onions and got a rep
for being almost psychic when i told her i bet she was allergic to cigarette
smoke, roofing tar, and possibly some corn products......
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...