[Sca-cooks] Period French Cookbooks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 29 23:40:44 PDT 2006

Lisabetta said:
  <<< Johnnae
Thank you so much,
   I am making a trip to the library tonight and again tomorrow
during lunch to pick up some interlibrary loan books.>>>

Lisabetta, I don't have any bibliographies in my Florilegium files
specifically on French cookbooks, which is why I didn't mention
anything earlier. However, for information and reviews on period
cookbooks and cookbooks with modern redactions you might want to look
at the files in the FOOD-BOOKS section. I would recommend these files:
cookbooks-bib     (44K)  2/15/04    Cookbook bib. by Mistress Jaelle
of Armida.
    Mistress Jaelle has done a good job of annotating these entries.
books-food-msg   (149K)  1/24/05    Books about food. Not cookbooks.
online-ckbks-msg  (41K)  8/20/02    Online versions of period cookbooks.
   (I need to get this one updated, but this does give you a source
for a lot of free material)

There are also several period manuscripts in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS
section of the Florilegium.

I have some bibliographies for certain centuries and this pair for
specific cultures. I just don't have one specific to French cookbooks.
p-Dutch-food-bib   (6K)  4/30/01    A Bibliography on period Dutch
food by
                                        Thomas Gloning.
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian
food.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas