[Sca-cooks] fruit picking

Sandra Jakl kieralady2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 07:07:08 PDT 2006

*chiming in from the ether*

Speaking of fruit picking, I made my friends go berry
picking with me for my recent birthday.

For those near the Houston area:

http://www.kingsorchard.com/

We picked almost 7 pounds of strawberries, and 8 of
blueberries, before back pain made us stop.

I have no idea what variety the strawberries were, but
they were several orders of magnitude better than the
store bought kind. They were small and sweet.
Countess Sara, a C&I laurel, mentioned they looked
like period illuminations of strawberries. Literally,
they were the best I ever had, but part of that may
have been the "thrill of the hunt".

For those planning on attending the upcoming Lysts of
Castleton event ( http://lysts.swordworks.org/ ), they
may turn up in the nobles luncheon in some form.

All the best,
(and back to being 50+ digests behind)
Clara von Ulm