[Sca-cooks] peacocks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 00:22:49 PDT 2006

Several weeks ago, Adele de Maisieres commented:
<<< SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
 > The only truly edible part of the feast was a roast turkey, decorated
 > with peacock feathers, which only the high board got to eat.

Oh, do not get me starter on this practice! >>>

Why? Although they used a different faux peacock than a turkey, there
is period commentary about doing this. Apparently they weren't as
enthused about the taste of peacock as they were with it's colorful
plumage.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas