[Sca-cooks] Post script on low-sodium bread machine recipes...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Mar 11 13:41:03 PST 2006

I'd like to thank everyone who posted recipes or advice.

We haven't tried the Tuscan recipe yet, but many of the sources we
checked, including the book we had ordered, and which has since
arrived, seem to agree with Bear's advice to make a sponge for
leavening the beast slowly and getting a decent, flavorful loaf
without having it try to take over the world. We did try one recipe
from the book that did not call for a sponge, and it did indeed try
to escape from the bread machine, and go off looking for unattended
small children, old ladies and stray dogs.

The sponge version is in the machine now, and I'll let the list know
how it worked out...

Thanks again!

Adamantius

eat cake!"