[Sca-cooks] If you only had one cooking pot

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Mon Mar 27 12:59:55 PST 2006

If you only had one cooking pot, what is the most versatile to have?

It seems to me that a metal of one of iron with metal handles is one of the
most useful.  But I can't decide if it's better to have a soup kettle, a
dutchoven with the sort of lid you can put coals on, or a wok?

Non SCA people might choose a small titanium pot for its light weight which
is a good point for modern backpackers. But for maximum food quality and
cooking versatility, the iron ones seem more flexible to me.

What would you choose, and what size do you think is best for people cooking
for a small family and sometimes contributing a dish to a group meal?

Sharon
gordonse at one.net