[Sca-cooks] Blood oranges, etc.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 07:05:58 PST 2006

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:

>> That being said, I do have a recipe using them that I kind of
>> developed myself, if you're interested.  It involves salmon, blood
>> oranges and pecans.....
>>
>> Kiri
>

> Of course, share your recipe!

What I did was an effort to try to figure out how to fix a dish that was
being prepared on a commercial on TV....but what I came up with is
somewhat different.

I started out with a couple of salmon fillets.  I took a couple of blood
oranges, juiced them into a small pot.  I added enough brown sugar to
make a syrup.  I coated the fillets with the syrup, then encrusted them
with ground pecans.  Drizzled a little more of the syrup over this and
baked at 350 until the salmon flakes a bit...usually 15 - 20 minutes.
Came out pretty well!

Kiri