[Sca-cooks] Drying stuff

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 21:03:56 PST 2006

Currants are very seedy, much more so than any grape I've come across yet.  In January I candied some black currants (canned), and they turned out well for my "stained glass window" of candied fruits, albeit crunchy because of the seeds.

  Black currant drink concentrate has been sweetened, in case someone doesn't know.

  Cordelia Toser

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I do agree that if the recipe calls for raysons of couryance then they
should be grapes and if it calls for currants it should be just that.
Has anyone tried the blackcurrent syrup available. It makes probably
my favorite drink when diluted with water.

Gunthar