[Sca-cooks] Roysonys of courance

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 21:33:00 PST 2006

Bear mentioned:

Modern nomenclature for the particular grape is Champagne Grape
(apparently as one of the three varieties blended to produce
champagne), Zante Currant Grape, and Black Corinth Grape.
<<<

Are these "normal" size grapes or much smaller? I seem to remember
buying a bunch of purple grapes which were each 1/8 to 1/4 inch in
diameter. I think they were labeled "Champagne" grapes. I don't
remember them tasting that much different from full-sized grapes, so
I'm not sure they were picked young, like verjuice grapes and they
were dark purple, not green.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas