[Sca-cooks] Roysonys of courance

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 00:39:02 PST 2006

Lyse commented:

As I am a bit fog brained right now, so I can't remember the source.
But you can dry fruits if you have the warmth/heat,and air current.
You don't need the sun. So, if there is a hearth perhap there is a
place to dry them when harvested.
<<<

Sure. You can do that on a small scale. However, doing it in a
commercial operation takes fuel. Fuel is expensive and adds
tremendously to the cost. There is a reason that most commercial
evaporative salt mining from seawater was done in the Mediterranean
and why Iceland was short of salt in period.

Even if you have the fuel, you also need a fairly dry humidity simply
so the fruit doesn't mold before the fruit has sufficiently dried.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com