[Sca-cooks] Re: crunchy currants

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 22:21:58 PST 2006

First I have to plant the bulbs, right?

  Cordelia

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  Ah! You're one of the folks that prefer to spend your time pulling
all those stamins out of the flowers to make saffron?

Stefan

<<<
Poking out all those seeds by hand? Yowza! That won't happen on MY
watch, fer shure.

Cordelia Tose

Devra at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 3/3/2006 10:37:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> Currants are very seedy, much more so than any grape I've come
> across yet.

That makes sense. I've read about French 'bar-le-duc' (sp??)
preserves, which
is a currant preparation that's very costly because someone carefully
pokes
out the seeds from each currant with a needle before they are cooked.
Devra

Devra Langsam
<<<
--------