[Sca-cooks] Re: crunchy currants

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 22:05:06 PST 2006

Ah! You're one of the folks that prefer to spend your time pulling
all those stamins out of the flowers to make saffron?

Stefan

<<<
Poking out all those seeds by hand? Yowza!  That won't happen on MY
watch, fer shure.

    Cordelia Tose

Devra at aol.com wrote:
    In a message dated 3/3/2006 10:37:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

 > Currants are very seedy, much more so than any grape I've come
 > across yet.

That makes sense. I've read about French 'bar-le-duc' (sp??)
preserves, which
is a currant preparation that's very costly because someone carefully
pokes
out the seeds from each currant with a needle before they are cooked.
Devra

Devra Langsam
<<<
--------