[Sca-cooks] stained glass window of candied fruits?

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 22:30:19 PST 2006

Sorry, no photos.

  I used my 14" pizza pan, so it wasn't really a window.  Commercially candied fruits used were chopped lemon peel, cherries, and angelica.  I also used pumpkin chunks, pear chunks, and black currants, all of which I'd candied myself.

  I put 6 bowls on the table next to the "window" so that people could taste without destroying the design.  Later in the evening I walked around with the pizza pan, getting people to taste the fruits.

  NOBODY guessed the pumpkin. And nobody knew what the angelica was.  A few people knew what a black currant is, but didn't know that was what I had used.

  I had fun with it.  Next time I'll do a better design and take pictures.

  Cordelia Toser

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  Cordelia Toser mentioned:

Currants are very seedy, much more so than any grape I've come across
yet. In January I candied some black currants (canned), and they
turned out well for my "stained glass window" of candied fruits,
albeit crunchy because of the seeds.
<<<

"stained glass window" of candied fruits? More details please. How
big was it? Got any photos of it, posted? What candied fruits did you
use? Did you actually eat the artwork?

Stefan