[Sca-cooks] Seeking a good recipe for candied citrus peel

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Wed Mar 8 14:36:44 PST 2006

rock candy? Hmmm, could it be poured into a mold to make actual candy?  Once it is hard, just hitting it with a hammer (or my kid's favorite when making hard candy like this, pouring it in an aluminum pan and dropping the whole thing HARD)

  Just curious
  -Muiriath

  SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 3/8/2006 12:41:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vikinglord at cox.net writes:

> WHAT! you waist all of the syrup. Add vodka, yum!

"Waist" indeed! But, truly, there is not much left by the time you're done
with it and the second it cools it becomes rock candy that has to be chipped out
of the pot with a chisel. Or heated to remelt. Either way, it's a pain, so my
way avoids that.

Renata