[Sca-cooks] Seeking a good recipe for candied citrus peel

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 9 22:40:09 PST 2006

Ardenia asked:

   Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for candied citrus peel?
I'm allergic to citrus, so I won't be able to taste it...hence why I
want an pre-tried recipe.
<<<

See this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of the Florilegium:
candied-peels-msg (52K)  6/19/04    Candied fruit peels. A late
period treat.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/candied-peels-msg.html

Dame Alys Katherine has an article on candying fruit peels as well. I
thought I had it in the Florilegium, but that must be one of the
articles I haven't got online yet. Check her website, if she hasn't
already pointed you towards it.

You might also want to try suckets:
suckets-msg        (7K)  4/ 1/02    Spices, fruit or fruit peel in a
sugar syrup
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/suckets-msg.html

Stefan
--------