[Sca-cooks] question about chives

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 12:00:23 PST 2006

The more they cut them the stronger they will grow back - chives are
like that.  They can be snipped with scissors where they grow, and then
you can dehydrate them or freeze-dry them - they don't have a lot of
inherent moisture so they dry quickly.  They also loose their flavor
fast, so they would probably be best cooked into something before they
were frozen.
Does the city also spray the area in question? If so, don't bother - you
don't want to eat what they are spraying.

Christianna